Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Tranquility

Silently slipping through the golden green reeds it seeps away.

I didn't notice at first.


dark blue water - bright blue sky, 
Botswana's winter sun is a gentle touch of warmth.

Awareness teases that something is missing.


the rhythmic swoosh - swoosh - swoosh pauses all outside noise

for a moment...the distraction of life is silenced


TRANQUILITY

(a capsule of my personal experience riding in a mokoro, a traditional canoe, 
on the Okavango Delta in Botswana)




Photos by Gene Taylor



2 comments:

  1. Easy! When I think of us quietly drifting through the reeds, it makes me think of a time in life when you realize that you are in exactly the right place at the right time; AND there is no other place in the world you should be rather than where you are RIGHT NOW! Okavango, here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, too...Great article, sonnet, poem, essay...not sure exactly what I would call it, but it is very relaxing to read. Nice.

    ReplyDelete