Wednesday, April 20, 2016

CLIMB!!!

I set out to climb "BIG" hill...
In the greater scheme of things "BIG" hill isn't really very big,  
just bigger than little hill.

Lately I had taken "BIG" hill for granted. 
Though I could see it everyday from my office window, 
I turned away and ignored it.



Half way up I was out of breath and feeling...uncomfortable? I didn't like it -- I didn't like it at all. What had happened? "BIG" hill use to be easy and now it felt hard. I continued on, beating myself up with should haves, would haves and could haves. Not enough of this and too much of that. Making matters worse, I was weighing myself down with negativity.

Press Pause

What was I thinking? I had a fleeting recollection of everyone that I had ever encountered that had given up all together because it didn't feel good -- muscles ache, knees hurt, feet swell. Understood BUT it feels even worse when you quit.

I wrapped my head around a new thought, a word, a simple idea - CLIMB. By the end of the year I want "BIG" hill to feel easy - CLIMB. Every time something seems hard, I will think - CLIMB. When I don't feel like going for a walk - CLIMB. No time - CLIMB. Too hot, too tired, too late --- CLIMB, CLIMB, CLIMB.


My Mantra -- CLIMB!!!

Now I'm thinking I am going to CLIMB something even bigger than big...






2 comments:

  1. You have a much nicer view from your office window than I but I can just see the corner of a park with a nice 1/2 mile walking path. Think I will "climb" over there today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a much nicer view from your office window than I but I can just see the corner of a park with a nice 1/2 mile walking trail. Think I will "climb" over there today.

    ReplyDelete