Friday, October 7, 2011

Year Two - Whoo Hoo!!!


On November 1st, I will celebrate having walked 
every day in a row for 2 years!

 Whoo Hoo!

It started out as a 30-day goal just to get myself back on track! Well it turns out that one day leads to another and another....A few times along the way I told Gene (my husband and co-founder of the Walking Connection) that I didn't feel like walking and anymore. He would just respond by saying, "So tomorrow morning you are going to say Day 1, Whoo Hoo!?" Yep he always knows how to get me going, in a good way of course :)

So here I am with almost two full years of days - of walks - of hikes - of miles, sometimes only ten minutes, but an accomplishment none-the-less. WOW! I really did this and now I want to share this milestone with everyone! To celebrate I am inviting all of my friends from around the world to go for at least a 10-minute walk on November 1. It can be anywhere, any place YOU are. It doesn't have to be far or fast, just walk with a purpose. Just Walk for YOU!

So far, friends that are joining this 10 minute walk are located in the states of AZ, CA, CT, NY, MD, VA, NC, SC, SD, HI, TX, OH, GA, MA, MT, MO, OR, WA, FL, MI and NE They'll be joined by my international friends in the Canadian provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and Nova Scotia. As well as the far off lands of Costa Rica, Argentina, Mexico, South Africa, New Zealand, India, Morocco, Iceland and Australia. Amazing!
 
For those of you on Facebook, I ask for you to post a comment, or even better, a picture or video on the Walking Connection page. Or check out this blog and post away! Or just send me an e-mail and let me know where you are walking. 
 
Invite your friends to come walk with YOU. We are going to make this a real walking connection and who knows, maybe it will be your "Day 1 - Whoo Hoo!"
 
Are YOU in?

No comments:

Post a Comment