Thursday, August 2, 2012

1000 Days Of Walking

Most days I walk in the desert behind my house. And for most of those days, Gene goes with me, always encouraging me to keep on going. Many days I don't feel like it, especially in the summer heat of Arizona. He reminds me that I don't really want to start all over with DAY 1, especially after walking every day consecutively for almost 3 years!

To me my walks have become common place, I don't usually feel like I am doing anything special...until I get another e-mail saying something like, "Thank you, thank you for helping me to ‘keep on keeping on’." (from Bill Fleming)


"How far do you walk?" is a question I am most often asked. My reply is always 10 minutes to 10 miles. My walks aren't about how far I go, but about taking time for me each day, even if it is only for 10 minutes. I know 10 minutes doesn't seem like much, but I have covered a lot of ground...(take a look below)



In the past 1000 days I have walked in Australia, Galapagos Islands (twice), highlands of Ecuador, Machu Picchu (three times), Grand Canyon (4 times), Costa Rica, Mexico (3 times and safely I might add), South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Boston, New York, California, Colorado and many airports around the world.

Where shall I go in my next 1000 days? I don't know yet. Those paths have yet to be discovered. But I will always have a standing invitation to you...

Come Walk With Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment