Friday, October 5, 2012

1095 Days = Three Years of Walking

On November 1st, 2012 I will celebrate having walked
every day in a row for 3 years!
Whoo Hoo!

It started out as a 30-day goal just to get myself back on track! Well it turns out that one day leads to another and another....A few times along the way I told Gene (my husband and co-founder of the Walking Connection) that I didn't feel like walking anymore. He would just respond by saying, "So tomorrow morning you are going to say Day 1, Whoo Hoo!?" Yep he always knows how to get me going, in a good way of course :)
  
So here I am with almost three full years of days - of walks - of hikes - of miles, sometimes only ten minutes, but an accomplishment none-the-less. WOW! I really did this and now I want to share this milestone with everyone! To celebrate I am inviting all of my friends from around the world to go for at least a 10-minute walk (run, bike, swim - just be active) on November 1. It can be anywhere, any place YOU are. It doesn't have to be far or fast, just walk with a purpose. Just Walk for YOU 
 
So far, friends that are joining this 10 minute walk are located in 47 states: AR, AL, AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NM, NV, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI and VT  They'll be joined by my international friends in the Canadian provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. As well as the far off lands of Korea, Belgium, Mexico, China, Honduras, New Zealand, India, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Argentina, Italy, Australia, Peru, South Africa, Egypt, England, Botswana, Israel, Singapore, Ireland, Nepal, Wales and Iceland. Our four legged friends count too: Piper, Stella, Bentley, Dexter, Sadie, Griffon, Mei-Mei, Mr. Boudreaux, Alex, Rex, Roxie, Romeo, Hobbs, Sam, Kaya, Lakota and Chloe will be walking!
 
If you are "IN" send me an e-mail and let me know where you are walking. For those of you on Facebook, I ask for you to go to the event page and join in or even better post a picture or video of your walk.
 
Invite your friends to come walk with YOU. We are going to make this a real walking connection and who knows, maybe it will be your "Day 1 - Whoo Hoo!"

Come Walk With Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment