Thursday, December 19, 2013

Beyond Words


Believe it or not I have been at a loss for words ever since my return from Australia...(my husband Gene can't believe it.) This unusual phenomenon was created by two interconnecting events: the response from all of you for A World Wide Walk on November 1st and my personal adventure in Tasmania celebrating my four years of walking.        

I was off the grid for 6 days as I hiked the Overland Track with Cradle Mountain Huts Walk (more on that in a future blog) so I had no idea what was going on in the rest of the world. My focus was zeroed in on putting one foot in front of the other. I kept reminding myself to be present in MY moment. I was purposeful in appreciating where I was and making sure that I took the time to stop, look, listen.and sometimes rest...
 
 
The first night I got back to "civilization" I refused to turn on any kind of computerized device. I wanted to hold on to my experience, relive it over and over and relish in my accomplishment back on the track.
 
Finally I plugged in. 
 
And there it was comment after comment, post after post, photo after photo (click here)...I started reading out loud to Gene. Suddenly I stopped. Gene concerned asked, "What's wrong?" I could hardly speak and choked out, "Im so happy...THEY WALKED!!!"           
 
Now more than ever I am both inspired and determined that next year will be even BIGGER and BETTER. I hope you will join in...

 
Come Walk With Me!         
 
and all of YOU for making this a reality
 

No comments:

Post a Comment