Friday, January 17, 2014

Restart

I am NOT going to talk to you about New Year's Resolutions...new year, new you, start fresh, in with the new, out with the old...blah blah blah. Anyway by now most have been forgotten.

Today is my 1538TH day of walking consecutively....



And what I want to tell you about is that twice before at the beginning of a new year I said I was going to walk every day for that year. Both times I almost made it, sometimes after I adjusted my goal a few times, but never did finish.

It wasn't until I made my goal manageable for me at that particular time in my life, that I became successful. I knew that it takes 30 days to make something a habit. So there it was, just WALK 30 days in a row. I also knew that even ten minutes of exercise has health benefits (my TMC theory). No matter how busy I am or where I am in the world I could find at least ten minutes EVERY day.

On November 2, 2009 I started my 30 day pursuit. It wasn't any special day (other than being a Monday) or the beginning of a year and there was no big event on the horizon. Just a day like any other day that holds an opportunity to make a change....

But this story is not about me, it's about...

NEVER GIVING UP! For all of you that have gotten sidetracked on any goal whether it was to walk every day, run a marathon or hike Machu Picchu, TODAY you have an opportunity to push the RESTART button. But before you do make sure it is the right goal for you. Right here. Right now.



And as always I invite you to...
Come Walk With Me!
 

2 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration, Jo Ann! Keep sharing your message. One day we'll walk together xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouraging words Gale! I'll be close in August. We have an event hiking on Kauai! Best to you in 2014 - Cheers!

    ReplyDelete