Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Stick It!

Are excuses getting in the way of sticking with your active lifestyle?

"I’m too tired! I don’t have time! It’s too hot! It’s too cold! It’s too early! It’s too late! I have company! I’m getting company! I have to take the kids to practice! I’m too depressed! I’m celebrating! It hurts! It’s boring! I can’t go because I have to floss my teeth! (Someone really said this to me.)  Oh I’ll start on Monday!”

12 ways to help you make it stick:

  • Set short term and long term realistic goals.
  • Plan rewards for when you accomplish your goals.
  • Vary your walk/run/bike route to avoid boredom. 
  • Keep a daily log of your activities. 
  • Remember all the reasons why you started in the first place.
  • Think about how good you feel after you are active.
  • Keep up your energy: carry healthy snacks with you wherever you go.
  • Keep a pair of athletic shoes in your car, just in case an opportunity to walk arises.
  • Be flexible –  have a plan B...or C.
  • Focus on your successes especially when you get off track.
  • Schedule time for YOU in your appointment book.
  • Walk with a friend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment